Photo credit: Morpeth Gathering
The Central Northumberland Network is for voluntary and community sector organisations that provide activities or services in Central Northumberland, i.e. Morpeth, Rothbury, Alnwick, Amble. The Network is for anyone working or volunteering in the sector including staff, volunteers and trustees and is administered by Northumberland CVA.
To provide an opportunity to support the sector in meeting the needs of local communities. This will be achieved by providing networking opportunities for groups and individual in the sector to come together and :
- raise issues and concerns about their community and the sector
- share expertise, good practice and find solutions to problems
- identify training and development needs
- work together and share resources where opportunities arise
- have a voice and influence in planning and policy making in partnership with other networks
- An opportunity to come together, share and discuss issues and concerns of the sector
- Knowing issues and concerns raised will be considered by the Northumberland VCS Assembly Steering Group and if appropriate, through the VCS/ NCC Liaison Group
- Feedback will be provided in response to issues raised.
- Peer advice and support to assist learning and development of your organisation
- Identifying and providing support to assist delivery of specific training needs of your organisation
- Identifying opportunities to work together, share resources and expertise.
Quarterly meetings are held in Morpeth or Alnwick and issues raised can be fed into Assembly Executive Committee meetings. Meetings are held at a time which maximises the opportunity for organisations to attend.
- Notes of Presentation on Communicating Your Cause by Dr Andrew Crosbie - 22nd Nov 2016
- Presentation Slides - Communicating Your Cause - Dr Andrew Crosbie - 22nd Nov 2016
- Notes of Central Network meeting - 12th July 2016
- Presentation slides - Andrea Perrett, Rape Crisis tyneside & Northumberland - 12th July 2016