Age UK Northumberland is now offering a ‘Planning Ahead Service’ to enable clients to complete lasting power of attorney, advance decision to refuse treatment (living wills) and advance statements.
The service includes support from a trained advisor and costs up to £200 for an individual and £300 for a couple. It will:
- Help clients understand what it all means for them
- Explain everything in plain English, with no jargon
- Help with all form filling
- Explain all of the available options, allowing clients to make an informed decision.
- Provide information packs and guides, explaining all aspects of end of life planning.
- Offer support through the whole process, with no time limits – no matter how long it takes.
All clients must be able to attend face to face meetings at our head office (The Roundhouse, Lintonville Parkway, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9JZ) to access this service. Age UK Northumberland is currently unable to offer a home visiting service for planning ahead, but may consider this in the future if there is high demand. Clients will also be responsible for paying registration fees for LPA themselves, the cost of which is not included in the service charges.