This programme supports children and young people who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances, and is delivered by Family Fund Business Services. It provides items that meet a child’s most basic needs – such as a bed to sleep in, a cooker to provide a hot meal and other items or services critical to child’s wellbeing.
The programme can help:
- Vulnerable children and young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing a crisis or emergency.
- UK or EU citizens who are normally resident in the UK.
- (Discretion may be given where a child or young person, or their family, have an asylum application under assessment or in circumstances where residency criteria is not consistent across the family unit).
It is unable to help:
- Adults aged 18 and over.
- Those who do not meet income criteria as defined by the programme.
- Those who are leaving care who have access to separate, specific statutory provision.
- Children and young people who do not meet the residence criteria as defined by the programme.
Please read the Emergency Essentials Referrer Guidelines for more details.
How to apply
Applications must be completed by a registered referrer who is part of an organisation that is supporting the family or young person and capable of assessing their needs.
- Referrers need to sign up using an organisation email address (e.g. not @gmail.com) and a name (e.g. not manager@...).
- Applications can be made for multiple children in the same family for goods up to the value of £300.
- Turnaround is approximately 5 days and includes delivery and fitting.
To register click here.
Please sign up today and support young people and children through the Emergency Essentials Programme, this is for support at all levels of need, Universal, early help, children with an EHA or involved with statutory services.